Stanley #5 Type 8 Jack (My #5-091717-1)
- The #5 is 13.5” ling and has a 2” cutter
- It weight is 4# 3 ozs
- It has been stripped and repainted with Dupi-color engine enamel (As in my website)
- The knob and tote are Rosewood. The tote has been repaired. Note the lacquer spray didn’t come out as perfect as I like. It has a few runs.
- It has a left handed cutter adjuster
- It has been sharpened and tuned with a camber as a jack (see photos)
- As with all type 8, It does not have the frog adjustment screw
The interesting part of this plane is each side is stamped W. H. Rhodes. A quick google search shows W. H. Rhodes is an Elementary School in Milton, FL.