Stanley #6C (my # 6C-071617-1) type 11 $94 (includes US shipping)
A very nice type 11 Stanley #6. Note there is a red undercoating that I’ve not run into before, so I’ll assume this has been refinished a some point in it’s distant past, although it does look like japanning to me. I decided top leave it because of the red highlights.
The tote is original but I have repaired it in two spots. (the repair is guaranteed)
The blade is a newer vintage. It’s a good blade but had a very steep angle which I chose to not grind out. It will eventually go away with subsequent sharpenings.
Sharpen with a shallow camber ( see photo )
Note the frog screw for a front toe screw on the tote.
Stanley #6C (my # 6C-071617-1) type 11
(US Shipments ONLY)
Please Read before making a purchase.
If its marked restored its been stripped and repainted with multiple coats of Dupli-Color Engine
Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint. Feel free to ask any
- Unless otherwise marked, the iron has been hollow ground on an 8” aluminum Oxide whitewheel, then honed on a hard oil stone.
- Back of the iron edge will be polished (the cutting edge only)
- Sole is flat to a working degree.
- Frog has been flattened (flattened, not polished. Polishing effects cutter slippage)
- All restore and tuned planes have been tested.
- Planes marked “As found” are as I found them.
- I do NOT verify the sides of the planes are 90 degrees from the sole. If you plan to use the plane for shooting, check with me first.