Stanley #5 Type 11 (my # 5-071517-1) $76 (includes US shipping)
I’ve done nothing to this plane except take it apart and clean it, sharpen it, and test it.
Note the horn is missing but the rest is the original rosewood.
The new owner may want to do a little more work on the back of the blade, the corners are still a little off, or just sharpen threw (which would be my choice based on the performance)
The front angle is also way to steep for my taste, but I couldn’t see wasting metal. Again, sharpen through it.
This will make a fantastic user plane at a fantastic price.
Stanley #5 Type 11 (my # 5-071517-1) $76 (US Shipments ONLY)
Please Read before making a purchase.
If its marked restored its been stripped and repainted with multiple coats of Dupli-Color Engine
Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint. Feel free to ask any
- Unless otherwise marked, the iron has been hollow ground on an 8” aluminum Oxide whitewheel, then honed on a hard oil stone.
- Back of the iron edge will be polished (the cutting edge only)
- Sole is flat to a working degree.
- Frog has been flattened (flattened, not polished. Polishing effects cutter slippage)
- All restore and tuned planes have been tested.
- Planes marked “As found” are as I found them.
- I do NOT verify the sides of the planes are 90 degrees from the sole. If you plan to use the plane for shooting, check with me first.