Stanley #2 Smoother (my #2-080217-1) $109
Note – this is being sold as is, but it’s a great user. I put a set of my custom made bloodwood knob and tote on it. It’s been welded and it has what appears to be a Stanley Defiance #2 (a rarity in of itself) on it.
But the sole is flat and the parts are worth the asking price.
And it works very well!
(US Shipments ONLY)
Please Read before making a purchase. If its marked restored its been stripped and repainted with multiple coats of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint. Feel free to ask any questions.
- Unless otherwise marked, the iron has been hollow ground on an 8” aluminum Oxide white wheel, then honed on a hard oil stone.
- Back of the iron edge will be polished (the cutting edge only)
- Sole is flat to a working degree.
- Frog has been flattened (flattened, not polished. Polishing effects cutter slippage)
- All restored and tuned planes have been tested.
- Planes marked “As found” are as I found them.
- I do NOT verify the sides of the planes are 90 degrees from the sole. If you plan to use the plane for shooting, check with me first.