Stanley #4 Pre Lateral Smoother (my # 4-062717-2) $96 (includes US shipping)
This came to me with a Fulton blade. I’ve added a vintage correct blade, but will send the Fulton. I have NOT tuned this plane in any way. I’ll leave that to the new owner if they decide to use it. I have dome some minor cleaning, and gave the knob and tote a coat of tru-oil. I believe this plane was a work horse, but it doesn’t show signs of neglect.
It’s a type 4.
Stanley #4 Pre Lateral Smoother (my # 4-062717-2) (US Shipments ONLY)
Please Read before making a purchase.
Here is a list of planes ready to go. I’ll post more picture if you need them. If its marked restored its been stripped and repainted with multiple coats of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint. Feel free to ask any questions.
- Unless otherwise marked, the iron has been hollow ground on an 8” aluminum Oxide white wheel, then honed on a hard oil stone.
- Back of the iron edge will be polished (the cutting edge only)
- Sole is flat to a working degree.
- Frog has been flattened (flattened, not polished. Polishing effects cutter slippage)
- All restore and tuned planes have been tested.
- Planes marked “As found” are as I found them.
- I do NOT verify the sides of the planes are 90 degrees from the sole. If you plan to use the plane for shooting, check with me first.