Vaughan & Bushnell #704 (my #703-073117-1) $45(includes US shipping) (US Shipments ONLY)
V&B planes were drop forged and advertised as unbreakable. Vaughan & Bushnell started offering hand planes to their general tool line sometime around 1918 through the 1930’s (ref http://www.vaughanandbushnellplanes.com)
V&B is still in business today, see more history here, http://www.vaughanmfg.com/pages/history-of-vaughan
This is a great unique user plane. The iron, cap and lever cap are replacements.
I’ve took some liberty when making a repair on the knob. The tote is original. It will be a great smoother at a very reasonable price.
Vaughan & Bushnell #704 (my #703-073117-1) $45
Please Read before making a purchase. If its marked restored its been stripped and repainted with multiple coats of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel DUPDE1635 Ford Semi Gloss Black spray paint. Feel free to ask any questions.
- Unless otherwise marked, the iron has been hollow ground on an 8” aluminum Oxide white wheel, then honed on a hard oil stone.
- Back of the iron edge will be polished (the cutting edge only)
- Sole is flat to a working degree.
- Frog has been flattened (flattened, not polished. Polishing effects cutter slippage)
- All restore and tuned planes have been tested.
- Planes marked “As found” are as I found them.
- I do NOT verify the sides of the planes are 90 degrees from the sole. If you plan to use the plane for shooting, check with me first.