Standard Rule Co. was established in 1872, Andrew Upson was president and major stock holder.
Standard Rule started offering planes in 1883.
It was a Patent of Solon Rust and Arthur E. Rust
They merged with the Upson Nut Co. about 1888 (the company became Upson Nut
The plane manufacturing was then bought by Stanley in 1893.
This plane’s lateral adjuster is based on the 1889 lateral patent
US Patent: 410,710. Patentee: George Karrmann – Unionville, CT, Granted: Sep. 10, 1889
Some Standard Rule Transitionals
These are from the Solon R. Rust – Pine Meadow, CT and Arthur E. Rust – Pine Meadow, CT Patent of Oct. 30, 1883.